JTLS-GO ® is a scalable, flexible, interactive, and internet-enabled simulation that models multi-sided air, ground, and naval civil-military operations. It also includes logistical, SOF, and intelligence operations. It was designed specifically to examine the changing modality of warfare at the operational-level.
JTLS-GO is used by leaders and directors from combatant commands (CCMDs), Service Component Commands, Combat Support Agencies (CSAs), Joint Staff (JS), and Joint Task Forces (JTFs); including NATO and Coalition military forces around the world.
- Maximum of twenty Force Sides can be represented, with each Side potentially divided into an unlimited number of Factions. Force Side relationships are asymmetric and can be changed during Simulation execution.
- All processes to develop forces are designed to support doctrine-neutral implementation for maximum flexibility.
- The manner in which simulated forces operate are not included in the simulation code but are described and contained within the database to facilitate the tailoring of data as needed to define unit types & sizes, combat systems, supplies, and targets.
- A Standard Database (SDB) that includes several reusable modules is delivered with the software. Easy to use database development and modification tools are also part of each JTLS-GO delivery.
- Scenarios can include military forces, civil agencies, international relief organizations, and specific civilian populations.
- JTLS-GO recognizes terrain, weapons, movement, attrition tables, unit characteristics, and Time- Phased Force Deployment Data (TPFDD) as input.
- Terrain is represented as a multi-level world-wide grid terrain system and forces may be placed anywhere in the world and be managed by the Players.
- Bridges, tunnels, pumping stations, rail yards and interdiction points can be explicitly represented and targeted.